TikTok is an excellent platform for businesses to create viral and relatable content and build a wider audience. Recent TikTok statistics show nearly one billion monthly active users making TikTok the right place to promote your product or service and succeed in your business with wider audiences.
To reach a greater place on TikTok, provide a strong edit on your video to gain audience attention. Know how to edit a TikTok after posting videos to find success by getting into the new trends, grabbing new audiences, and standing out from the crowd. There are various tips and tricks to create a great video with different editing tools. Follow the steps below to publish a TikTok video with audience engagement.
- Searching and editing required video
- Write TikTok captions
- Add sound effects or any audio to your TikTok video
Are you ready to find how to edit a TikTok after posting a successful video? Let’s get started!
Make And Edit Your TikTok Videos
TikTok is a powerful visual platform that produces short forms of videos and engages huge audiences. Since the active audience on TikTok accounts to 30.8 million, it is highly important to create really engaging and extraordinary content. This section lets us find how to edit a TikTok after posting your videos.
#1. Set A Hands-Free Timer To Record Video
TikTok has an in-built time feature to record your videos hands-free. It allows users to set the timer for 3 or 10 seconds after selecting the record button. If you want to make short videos of your own, the timer feature helps you record a successful video without depending on anyone.
In addition, you can also set the timer to stop the video recording after a particular time. With this, you can record several short videos and combine them to get a long video.
#2. Adjust Your Clip Length
Once recording your video clips on TikTok, there is an option to adjust the length before publishing it. You can move the clips around and trim the duration of your necessary clip with effects and captions to make your TikTok videos enjoyable. Filming your TikTok videos makes it easier to edit multiple short videos.
#3. Change The Recording Speed
TikTok provides the best feature to vary the speed of your recording video. The speed feature is in-built on TikTok and is present on the recording screen, where you can adjust the speed before you start to record. There are five options to either speed up or slow down the videos with the following varying speed: 0.3x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, and 3x.
While using this feature, your video acquires a cinematic effect with time lapses and provides exciting shots. There are two ways to vary the speed of your recording video.
- On the edit screen, choose Effects -> Time and then select the slow-mo feature to slow down the selected portion of the video.
- Another way is to pre-record the video or save a recorded video to upload it in the future. Then select Adjust clips and tap the timer icon to vary the video speed.
#4. Use Filter To Boost Video Views
Similar to other content creation applications, TikTok has a variety of filters to boost your video visibility among newer audiences and get more views. Some of the TikTok filters include:
- Color Filters: Vary the saturation, hue, and brightness of your TikTok video to get an attractive video with a good color combination.
- Beautify: There are various facial features like teeth whitening, tweaking mouth, eye brightness, nose shape, makeup overlays, and more which are available by default on TikTok.
- Enhance: Get automatic adjustment for the pre-recorded videos by just clicking the Preset settings option.
TikTok filters play an important role in enhancing the look as well as engagement rate of your videos. Filters work great to beautify your videos even if they are shot on a normal phone camera. So, if you want to gain audience visits to your profile just apply the relevant filters for your videos after creating them.
#5. Use Video Effects For Creative Videos
The success of the TikTok platform is to use the AR visual effects and creative library of interaction that helps to expand the platform.
Generally, there are two different types of TikTok video effects:
- Recording screen effects: Get this effect on the recording screen of your TikTok videos. Use these effects to film your TikTok videos. Since there are thousands of effects, choose the best suitable for your effects like AR filters, green-screen filters, interactive effects, etc.
- Editing screen effects: Apply these screen effects to your pre-recorded video that vary with the recording screen effects. The editing screen effects appear on the editing screen, and click on the Effects option to use it. Some visual effects include Rainbow strobe, Flash, Zoom, Glitch, Rain, stickers, time effects, etc.
TikTok also provides an option to use the effects on other videos. In addition, watching other successful videos will also give ideas for using effects in the right way.
#6. Provide Transition Between Clips
The transition effect on TikTok is a powerful effect that helps to add transitions between different clips, either for a pre-recorded video or uploaded video. Adding transition effects to your video makes your video look more cinematic and get more people to see your TikTok videos without a stop. A few transition effects include Switch Off, Switch On, Shooting frame, Zoom In, and other effects to apply between the clips.
#7. Customize Your Captions
Make your TikTok video stand out from the crowd by customizing your video with captions. There are several in-built text editing options for your on-screen captions. Change your text color, background style, alignment, and font.
Recently, TikTok introduced the most useful auto-captions feature that makes it easier for creators to gain the attention of target audiences. Turn on the auto-captions option available on the editing screen. Within a few seconds, the captions appear for your video.
How To Edit A TikTok After Posting?
Unfortunately, there is no option to fully edit your videos after posting. But, you can edit your captions and some minor features. In case there is an error in your video, you need to delete and re-upload it. Better save a draft of your publishing video that helps to make fewer changes if required.
TikTok is one of the most effective platforms for increasing audience engagement by publishing and sharing short video content. Apply the creative video editing tips on TikTok to grab your follower’s attention and enhance the engagement rate to take your brand to the next level.